Risen Savior, Summit of Peace, and several other Denver area Lutheran congregations have been coordinating efforts to send mission teams to Cambodia for the past several years. Each congregation has provided volunteers, funding, and prayers of support to carry out God's mission to the people of Cambodia.
Each year these congregations have:
- Sponsored an annual Youth Conference (Food, Lodging, Bibles, Tees)
- VBS Programs (Games, Music, Service) in nearby villages
- Leadership Training for Pastoral/Administration Staff
- Construction of latrines in areas where sanitary facilities do not exist
- Construction of simple housing structures,
- Construction of a fence around a schoolyard,
- Teach english classes to youth
- Painting of local classrooms
A chronic problem in this impoverished country is the exploitation of children which occurs because children are providing for the needs of the family by street vending and begging. To address this, the congregations provide year round support for two organizations, Stronghold Cambodia and Crossing Cambodia. These organizations provide a daily meal for underprivileged children, educational programs, including English, math and computer training, Christian instruction, and instruction for the parents. Your support allows these local organizations to reverse the culture of spiritual and economic poverty, and uplift their communities.